RAWALPINDI: An entire family sustained burn injuries in an explosion in a house owing to a gas leakage on Monday.
The mishap which took place in the Shamsabad area in the wee hours of Monday morning led to injuries to seven family members which included three children as well.
The victims were identified as Gulistan Khan, Jameela Bibi, Osama, Zeeshan, Hooria, Hifsa, and Emaan.
The victims were taken to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences for medical treatment while the fire brigade put out the fire.
The family had fallen asleep while a gas heater was on in the room. Later, gas supply went out for a while, and when it resumed, the room filled with gas.
Subsequently, a gas explosion took place as the gas was ignited by a family member trying to reignite the heater.
Khan has burn injuries on 60% of his body and is said to be in critical condition, while the other family members were discharged from the hospital.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 7th, 2017.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ