ISLAMABAD: Five people were injured in an explosion caused by gas leak in a house in PWD colony on early Friday morning.
Police said the explosion occurred when a family member lit a match, causing injuries to the residents and damage to the house.
The injured were identified as Ali Rizvi, 45, Lubna, 37, Hameeda Rizvi, 70, Kashif, 26, and Sana, 20. They were taken to hospital with minor injuries. However, police said the house had been badly damaged by the explosion.
Last week, three people suffered a similar fate when a cylinder blew up in a house near Chatha Bakhtawar.
Moreover, on January 20, a blast due to gas leakage killed at least three people and injured another three in a house in PWD Colony
Meanwhile, heavy rainfall in Rawalpindi caused the roof of a mud-house to collapse near Moti Mahal Chowk in the early hours of Friday killing at least one man.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 28th, 2017.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ