Pakistan ready for conventional war, says Gen Raheel

Published: November 20, 2016

RAWALPINDI: Visiting the Sulemanki sector along the Working Boundary, army chief General Raheel Sharif said on Saturday that Pakistan Army was equally ready for conventional war.

“With an unprecedented level of successes in the war against terror, we have become the most battle-hardened army and are equally ready for conventional war,” he said, according to a statement issued the military’s media wing.

Zarb-e-Azb laid strong foundation for peace, progress in Pakistan: Army chief

The army chief spent his day with Pakistan Army and Rangers troops and war veterans and specially appreciated the highest state of the troops’ morale and ‘the best form’ of vigilance along the Line of Control (LoC) and Working Boundary.

Interacting with the soldiers, Gen Raheel said Pakistan Army proudly carries its heritage and tradition of soldiering and chivalry. He said the army had always measured up to any challenge and taken inspiration from its war heroes and their spirit of sacrifice.

The army chief also laid a floral wreath at the monument of Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed (Nishan-e-Haider). He paid rich tributes to shuhada and ghazis for fighting bravely and rendering supreme sacrifice in defence of the motherland.

Four children killed as Indian troops continue ceasefire violation along LoC

Earlier, on arrival at Sulemanki, he was received by Corps Commander Lahore Lt Gen Sadiq Ali, Bahawalpur Corps Commander Lt Gen Javaid Iqbal and Punjab Rangers DG Maj Gen Umer Farooq Burki. [WITH ADDITIONAL INPUT FROM APP]

Published in The Express Tribune, November 20th, 2016.

• abreez
    Nov 20, 2016 - 11:49AM

As long as Modi remains Indian PM, Pakistan should not ask for war and conventional war, not at all. Pakistan should give Modi a free hand, damage India as much as you want, no one will bother you. Modi’s demonetisation blunder will lead India to a point where circumstances will ask Modi for more blunders. I think our Crown Prince is familiar with Napoleon’s saying, ‘Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake’.Recommend

• I. Khan
    Nov 20, 2016 - 11:50AM

General Raheel Sharif Sahib, you should visit Canadian and U.S border where you will not see a tank, a gun or any Army soldiers. Instead of threatening and bashing each other both countries Canada and U.S live with harmony and peace like some civilized people.
    You have enjoyed enough foreign tours,inaugurations, heavy protocol and parties, I think it is time for you to retire in good health and enjoy your life.Recommend

• Zulfiqar
    Nov 20, 2016 - 2:32PM

Pak Army Zindabad. Not only our Pak Army, but we Pakistanis as a nation is ready to fight with Endia.Recommend

• Soldier
    Nov 20, 2016 - 3:06PM

I.Khan better is to give this advise to Modi jee instead of giving to Gen Raheel. I guess you are sitting either in US or Canada and giving advises from there to the most loved and popular person is not required. You better stay out of our internal matters.Recommend

• Tp
    Nov 21, 2016 - 6:05AM

I hope the General’s wish is granted and soon.Recommend

• KK
    Nov 21, 2016 - 9:09AM

What about all the investment that has gone into nuclear arms? Conventional wars can end up in surrender without destruction, whereas nuclear war can guarantee destruction any which way it goes.Recommend

• Rana Aamir
    Nov 21, 2016 - 9:36AM

General Raheel Sharif sb. Is our hero and we proud of you. We always want Armi Chief Raheel Sharif. God Bless You. Recommend

• Md Yeakub Ali
    Nov 21, 2016 - 2:04PM

I’m BangladeshI & I’m from Bangladesh.I love from my heart of General Raheel Sharif & Pak nation.Really General Raheel Sharif is the hero for Pakistan state & Pak nation.I’m proud of for your successful decisions & he is my nation brother.I love Gen Raheel Sharif & love Pakistan.long live General Raheel Sharif & PakistanI nation.God bless General Raheel Sharif & Pak nation.
    ” I Love You Gen Raheel & Pakistan State “Recommend