A television host of local news channel Abb Takk was allegedly poisoned by a 'fan' on Sunday.
The host of Khufia programme, Sana Faisal, was allegedly approached by a 'fan' in Karachi who asked her for a selfie and an autograph. The fan also reportedly gave Faisal ice cream.
Faisal ate the ice cream and was hospitalised Sunday night and is believed to have been poisoned by the fan. The TV host was admitted to Karachi's Ashfaq Memorial Hospital and is said to be in a stable condition.
In his initial statement, the husband of the TV host told the police that the couple went outside their home in Bufferzone area where a youngster came insisted for a selfie with the host and offered an ice-cream to her which reportedly intoxicated her.
Meanwhile, police were waiting to record Faisal's statement to take further action in the matter.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ