Violence in Balochistan: Firing, bomb blasts claim 10 lives

Two Balochistan Constabulary men killed, six injured after their patrol vehicle hits bomb in Quetta


Mohammad Zafar September 16, 2016
Two Balochistan Constabu­lary personnel were killed and nine others, including six constabulary personnel were injured after their patrol vehicle ran over a remotely-controlled bomb in the Saryab Mills area in Quetta. PHOTO: EXPRESS

QUETTA: Ten persons were killed in firing and landmine blast incidents in Awaran, Quetta, Kech and Nasirabad districts of Balochistan while the body of an unidentified person was found on the outskirts of the provincial capital, security officials said on Thursday.

They said that armed men opened fire in the Jhao area of Awaran district on Eid day, killing three persons. The attackers escaped after firing.

Sources said that the deceased were targeted by armed men riding a motorcycle on their way home. Bodies were shifted to a local hospital for identification, security officials said.

Two persons were killed and another was injured in a firing incident in Killi Sardah, a Quetta suburb.

The deceased were identified as Abdul Aziz and Muhammad Naeem. The injured man was recognized as Muhammad Fayyaz. The incident was caused because of an old feud.

An official of Road and Building Department (B&R) Ghulam Rasool Gola and his uncle, Mehmood Khan, a schoolteacher, were killed in a blast after their motorcycle ran over a landmine in the Chatter area of Nasirabad district.

In Quetta, police found a decomposed body of unknown man in Killi Ismail, a locality on the outskirts of Quetta. “The body is disfigured and appears to be at least 10-day-old,” police said.

Meanwhile, three persons, including a father and son, were shot dead and another of his son was kidnapped by unknown armed men in Tump and Mand areas of Kech district.

Levies personnel also found the corpse of Habibullah, who was kidnapped by armed men on August 18, from Buleda in Kech district.

Two killed in truck attack

Two Balochistan Constabu­lary personnel were killed and nine others, including six constabulary personnel were injured after their patrol vehicle ran over a remotely-controlled bomb in the Saryab Mills area in Quetta.

The police officials said that the incident took police on Eid day. Security officials said that the bomb had been planted on the divider of the double road near Saryab Mills.

Banned Tehreek Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for targeting the truck.

“Two Balochistan Constabulary personnel killed and nine others injured,” Abdullah Jan Afridi, Senior Superintendent Police, Saryab area said.

Officials of bomb disposal squad said that the IED contained six kilogrammes of explosives.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 16th, 2016.

COMMENTS (2)

John Doe | 5 years ago | Reply Kashmir deserves to determine its own future after decades of bloodshed.
Travis | 5 years ago | Reply Balochistan deserves to determine its own future after decades of bloodshed.
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read