2015 has been a roller coaster ride, packed with some of the juiciest gossip and entertainment news. And while incidents such as the Miss Universe gaffe have turned heads across the world, nothing has been much more fun than to watch the hilarious memes that surfaced in the aftermath of these events.
Here are our top 10 celeb-inspired memes that took the internet by storm this year:
1. Hamza Ali Abbassi: Let's just say this wasn't his year. The actor had it rough, with more lows than highs. It started with his view on item numbers, went on to his infamous pool scene in JPNA, to his views on same-sex marriages and most recently, his video message for MQM supporters and voters.
10 people Pakistanis were 'most obsessed' with in 2015
2. Komal Rizvi: While she may have intended to the right thing, the singer's selfie with philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi backfired and came back to haunt her in the form of memes... lots of memes.
After posting her photo with a bed-ridden Edhi on social media, trolls attacked Komal with numerous memes, poking fun at her 'insensitive' selfie.
And here are the memes which followed shortly after:
3. Jon Snow: Even this poor lad wasn't spared. Ever since his death in GoT Season 5, Jon Snow has not been able to die in peace, his memes (including the selfie with Komal), soon went viral on social media:
Our favourite of all time though has to be:
This can never get old!
4. Adele's Hello: This singer's recently released single which broke all records and dominated Billboard charts for weeks was also a victim of trolls.
5. Miss Universe 2015: Is there any more left to be said after the winner-mix up debacle? We'll let these memes do the talking:
India's love affair with Sunny Leone continues
6. Neil Nithin Mukesh: What happens when a Bollywood actor claims of being cast in one of the most hit American TV shows? Why, memes, of course. People are evil and highly unforgiving.
7. Black-blue, white-gold dress: Possibly the most heated debate of 2015, which caused quite a furor and divided the internet! #TheDress went viral after a 21-year-old girl from Scotland uploaded a picture of it on Tumblr asking people which colours they thought the dress was:
8. Drake: His dance moves had everyone grooving to the odd steps. But come on, nothing beats Drake with a jharoo. Period.
9. Caitlyn Jenner: As news of Bruce Jenner's transition broke, many took the opportunity to pounce and give their two cents over the issue on social media:
10. Donald Trump: Let's just say he deserves all of these if not more:
And that's a wrap, folks!
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ