On Valentine's Day: Youth attempts suicide to mend ties with lover

Published: February 14, 2012

In order to make it up to his sulking loved one, Arain tried to shoot himself.

NAWABSHAH: After many unsuccessful attempts to mend ties with his lover, 21-year-old Imtiaz Arain attempted suicide on Valentine’s Day.

In order to make it up to his sulking loved one, Arain, a resident of Taj Colony in Nawabshah, tried to shoot himself.

His friends intervened and tried to stop him and in the struggle the bullet pierced through his leg.

He was immediately transferred to a nearby hospital, where doctors say that his condition is stable.

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

• sarfraz khan
    Feb 14, 2012 - 4:52PM

he should be jailed.this is not love,this is sick blackmailing.these stalkers with their dangerous fixations belong in psychiatric hospitals and not living amongst the general population.our public is too sexist to realise the difference between love and psycotic obsession.this is not something cute or brave,these are the actions of a diseased mind that manifests itself at various times through throwing acid on women who have rejected them,raping women so no one else will marry them or spreading rumours about them.

• Feb 14, 2012 - 5:03PM

Silly boy.

• Feb 14, 2012 - 5:18PM

21-Years-old … Poor Kid…
    Don’t worry, life always gives u a second chance.

• Sajid Ali
    Feb 14, 2012 - 5:48PM

What idiots like him need to realize is that women hate clingy/obsessed guys who give her more importance than themselves. You just end up losing her respect.. Also, others need to learn to take NO for an answer. We are an overpopulated country as it is, and no point getting stuck up on 1 woman.

• Farhan Gilgiti
    Feb 14, 2012 - 6:06PM

I waited for her for several years. She also agreed for marriage. We got engaged and then she went for studies. From there she wrote to me saying I should marry someone else as her priorities had changed. It wasn’t easier than the skies falling, at least in my head. The pain was immense. I kept beard. My hair grew. Started smoking regularly. Stopped going out. Visited my family once in 9 months. Thought of finishing this futility several times, by shooting myself.

But then I realized that as a lover her happiness should be of the highest importance for me. She respects me. She has supported my journey towards normalcy.

Life has not ended. And I successfully found another girl, as educated and beautiful as her, who loves me more.

I love her and both of them know it fully. Both are happy and respect me for my love.

• Feb 14, 2012 - 6:18PM

That’s some story Farhan. What matters is what you get in the end. Good for you.

• Feb 14, 2012 - 6:29PM

Sajid,

//Also, others need to learn to take NO for an answer.//

Agree.

//We are an overpopulated country as it is, and no point getting stuck up on 1 woman.//

That ONE woman is the one who steals your heart. Not every woman can.Population does not matter . It’s about feelings but yes using your mind is much more important.

• Sena
    Feb 14, 2012 - 6:40PM

I’m sorry, but I have to ask – how exactly was he planning to mend ties with her if he had successfully killed himself?

• aaa
    Feb 14, 2012 - 7:07PM

well, these feeling are really intense…..tried to do something extreme once I got dumped but didn’t have the guts…..but unlike him, I wanted to shoot my lover, not me……..he’ll get over it with time, and find someone much better…….

• Steven
    Feb 14, 2012 - 8:27PM

He is a sick man who needs psychiatric help. If I were the girl, I would never speak to this person again. He is unstable and dangerous.

• Nazia Imran
    Feb 14, 2012 - 10:39PM

If he wanted to kill himself, he would already be dead. How hard is it to jump off a roof, drive a knife through one’s heart or shoot a bullet in one’s head. This was a scare tactic gone wrong.

• samina gilgiti
    Feb 15, 2012 - 2:01AM

@Farhan Gilgiti:
    Happy to listen that you move on your life farhan :) i proved that you belongs to Gilgit and have a great thinking……

• Syed