Incest and abduction: Step father and his friends ‘rape’ woman

Published: November 23, 2011

" My step father Rasheed Ahmed recently came to visit me and told me that my mother was very ill and wanted to see me," Victim. Photo: FurSid

BAHAWALPUR:

A man allegedly raped his step daughter with two of his friends Tuesday evening.

According to police officials, Chak No 118-P Khanpur resident Masooma Bibi said that she was living with her husband Faqeer Hussain in her house for several years. “My step father Rasheed Ahmed recently came to visit me and told me that my mother was very ill and wanted to see me,” she told police. “He asked me to come with him and we boarded a bus on Saturday night,” she said.

Masooma said that Ahmed didn’t take her to her village but rather boarded a bus for Chal No 65-P to his friend’s house. “He told me later that my mother was staying with a friend and that he was taking me there,” she said. “When we reached the house two of his friends were waiting inside and they told me that my mother was at the doctor’s clinic having a check up and I should wait,” she said. “After I sat down they suddenly grabbed me and tied me up,” she added.

Masooma Bibi said that Ahmed’s friends Naseer and Iman Khan had tied her down, gagged her and raped her. “All three of them raped me for an entire night,” she told police. Masooma said that she eventually managed to rid herself of the gag in her mouth and began to scream for help. “They all ran away but neighbours rushed in to help me,” she said.

“I found her tied to the door. We freed her and took her to the hospital and then the police station,” neighbour Ibrahim Shahzad said.

Locals in the area called Masooma’s husband and told him about the incident. Masooma Bibi told reporters that she had filed a case against her step father and his friends with the Air Port Police Station in Khanpur. “They registered my case but no one has arrested the men yet,” she said.

According to the ASI, Investigation Officer Maqsood Ahmed, the police had recorded the application and launched an FIR against the accused. “We have sent the victim for a medical test. We will arrest the accused after we have evidence from the DNA sample,” he said.

All names have been changed to protect the victim’s identity

Published in The Express Tribune, November 23rd, 2011.

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

• Hu Jintao
    Nov 23, 2011 - 11:23AM

Arrest them and put them to death on the same day. simple

no need for any useless jail term whose expenses will only be afforded by taxpayers

• Sami
    Nov 23, 2011 - 12:54PM

Don’t call him father, whether real or step. Being a human , someone can’t even imagine of such a brutal act.Recommend

• MAHER ALI
    Nov 23, 2011 - 4:42PM

arrest them and feed them to dogs…. How the hell some one can do to his own daughter?

• bilal
    Nov 23, 2011 - 6:44PM

shahbaz sharif this is happening in your domain. please know incidents like this and no follow up wants us to vote for pakistan tehreek e INSAAF.

• Saleem
    Nov 23, 2011 - 8:54PM

Wait for DNA results to arrest the perpetrators? don’t they take into about circumstantial evidence for this brutality?

• Cautious
    Nov 23, 2011 - 9:50PM

Since when do you need DNA evidence to detain someone? The woman was obviously raped and can identify her attackers — what’s wrong with you people?
    One reads these types of reports on a regular basis – yet you never follow up and say whether these criminals are prosecuted and what sentence they receive – something to put on your “to do” list.Recommend

• Iknowthis
    Nov 23, 2011 - 11:11PM

The step father is so stupid..he did not have to rape her..he could have married her with a sanction from a paid up maulvi. After all, one can legally marry one’s mamu’s daughter in pakistan.

• Ahmed
    Nov 24, 2011 - 1:11AM

@Bilal
    what would shahbaz do, if a beast in the shape of step father commits such an heinous crime?? please don’t blame others for your own mistakes.

• Cynical
    Nov 24, 2011 - 1:26AM

Where are the four wtnesses?

• Observer
    Nov 24, 2011 - 2:41AM

The reality is that the poor woman will be asked produce four male Muslim male witnesses to this horrible act, according to the law. Otherwise, she will be branded as a woman of immoral character.

• Nov 24, 2011 - 9:33AM

Since Pakistan is predominantly a Muslim country, the culprits should be tried under Shariah Law for exemplary punishment.

• Cynical
    Nov 24, 2011 - 4:04PM

To all those who are drawing dagger for this man (the step father)

“And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.”
    Does it ring a bell?

The woman in question was married and she bacame captive (after the abduction) and his right hand possesed her. So he satisfied all the conditions.
    Now why should he be punished?

• Nov 24, 2011 - 4:36PM

@Cynical: Kindly quote Quranic verses in proper context – and do not insult anyone. Read more if you want to discuss captives or female sex slaves.

• Abdullah
    Nov 24, 2011 - 5:23PM

@Iknowthis, it seems that you know nothing, one’s mamu’s daughter is a cousin, you are saying that you can’t marry your cousin ?

• Cynical
    Nov 24, 2011 - 7:57PM

@PostMan

1.You would have done one hell of a favour, if only you reffered to the ‘proper context’.

2.How can one insult another by ‘quoting’ something that neither of them has coined.

3.Thanks but no thanks for your advice as regard further reading on ‘Captives or female sex slaves’ The very idea that captive females can be used as sex slaves is nauseating,to put it mildly.

• Hiba Fatima
    Nov 24, 2011 - 11:23PM

Injustice at its finest. Those men should be hanged to death.

• Nov 25, 2011 - 9:27AM

@Cynical:
    1 – I did not pull out a ‘sex slave’ verse quotation – You did. So its your responsibility to put it in a proper context.
    2 – I was not talking about insulting Quran – I was referring to your insult of the poor woman in the above case.
    3 – And slaves cannot be used as sex objects. Thanks but no thanks regarding your assumptions about my reply.
    Peace.