Revenue records to be reproduced by Jan 15
Records of 24 talukas were burnt in protests after Benazir’s assassination.
HYDERABAD:
Sindh Minister for Revenue Jam Mehtab Dahar has given January 15, as the cut-off date for the submission of reproduced revenue records of 24 talukas which were burnt and damaged in the protests that ensued the assassination of Benazir Bhutto on December 27, 2007.
While presiding over a meeting of revenue officers at the Board of Revenue on Tuesday, the minister said that affected people are unable to get their revenue transactions done or obtain privileges under government schemes. This has not only caused problems for land holders but has also affected other revenue-related business in the province, he added.
Out of 122, the revenue records of 24 talukas comprising 1,000 dehs, were completely burnt. He said revenue officials had been assigned a special task for the re-preparation of the revenue record. Saying the government has given sufficient time, the minister directed officials to ensure that the records reproduced are correct. He directed them to hold katchery programmes and peruse everything to avoid any injustice.
Another meeting would be held on January 18, 2011, to finalise proceedings.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 22nd, 2010
Sindh Minister for Revenue Jam Mehtab Dahar has given January 15, as the cut-off date for the submission of reproduced revenue records of 24 talukas which were burnt and damaged in the protests that ensued the assassination of Benazir Bhutto on December 27, 2007.
While presiding over a meeting of revenue officers at the Board of Revenue on Tuesday, the minister said that affected people are unable to get their revenue transactions done or obtain privileges under government schemes. This has not only caused problems for land holders but has also affected other revenue-related business in the province, he added.
Out of 122, the revenue records of 24 talukas comprising 1,000 dehs, were completely burnt. He said revenue officials had been assigned a special task for the re-preparation of the revenue record. Saying the government has given sufficient time, the minister directed officials to ensure that the records reproduced are correct. He directed them to hold katchery programmes and peruse everything to avoid any injustice.
Another meeting would be held on January 18, 2011, to finalise proceedings.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 22nd, 2010