A fire broke out in a towel making factory, the Crown Textile and Company, located in SITE area on Wednesday.
It took around seven hours for the firefighters to put out the fire.
The fire department spokesperson said that a total of 18 fire tenders, two water bowsers and a snorkel participated in the rescue work. He also said that even after the fire was controlled, the cooling process was underway till the afternoon.
He added that so far the actual cause of the fire could not be ascertained, but a short-circuit can be the reason. The spokesperson said that strong winds and congested location helped the firefighters put the fire down on time. No casualties were reported.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 23rd, 2015.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ