QUETTA: At least three people, including a child, were killed after consuming poisonous fumes in a water tank in Neliant area of Gwadar district on Monday.
"Some residents went to the water tank to clean it but around three people were killed while another became unconscious after consuming poisonous fumes,” Deputy Commissioner Gwadar, Abdul Hameed Abro told The Express Tribune.
The deceased were identified as Imam Bkash, Umar and Qadir Baksh.
Read: Deadly contamination: Poisonous gas kills five in Turbat
In a similar incident on June 24, five people died after consuming poisonous fumes in a water tank in Nodzai, Turbat district. “Around five people, all said to be relatives, suffocated to death while checking water level in the tank,” Levies official Qadir Ahmed had told The Express Tribune. A sixth man had fallen unconscious.
Read: Nine die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Pishin
Further, on June 29, six children and three women died in their sleep after inhaling carbon monoxide emitted from an electricity generator installed in their room in Pishin. The incident had taken place in the Killi Karbala area of Pishin district and the victims were said to have died from asphyxia, a condition of severely deficient supply of oxygen to the body.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ