Safety: Fire at private bank

A rescue official said timely evacuation of the staff helped avoid any injuries from the accident


Our Correspondent June 13, 2015

LAHORE: A preliminary report of the rescue team that put out the fire at a private bank on the Mall on Saturday blamed an electric short circuit. The report said the fire had started at a prayer room on the second floor of the building and spread to the air conditioning unit. The building was soon filled with thick smoke coming out of the unit. A rescue official said timely evacuation of the staff helped avoid any injuries from the accident. He said it took the team about an hour to put out the fire. No information was yet available on the damage caused by the fire.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 14th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read