Hazardous job: FESCO worker dies from electric shock

They said he had received an electric shock and died on the spot


Our Correspondent June 13, 2015
STOCK IMAGE

FAISALABAD:


A Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) worker died from an electric shock in Pir Mehal while working on pole without wearing safety gadgets.


Witnesses said FESCO worker Muhammad Iqbal, a resident of Kachi Kothi, was working on a electricity pole in Chak 683/24-GB when he accidentally touched a live wire.

They said he had received an electric shock and died on the spot. A FESCO spokesman said Iqbal had been working on the pole during load shedding hours without informing at the grid station. He said he did not have safety equipment with him. He said he was electrocuted when power was restored.  The spokesman said a team had been formed to investigate the incident.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 13th, 2015.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ