Rajkumar Hirani to start Sanjay Dutt biopic next year

Ranbir is the only one I’ve spoken to about the film, says Hirani


Ians June 05, 2015

MUMBAI: Blockbuster director Rajkumar Hirani, who delivered the successful PK last year, says he will begin the biopic on actor Sanjay Dutt next year.

Clarifying news related to the project, Hirani told media persons: “I’m working on the script of Sanju’s biopic. And we’ll be starting the film next year.”

PHOTO: MASALA

Read: No 'Kaante 2' without Sanjay Dutt 

About the casting, Rajkumar said: “I haven’t even thought about casting till now. We are writing the script and only once it finishes, we’ll be able to see how the characters come across and who would be apt to play the characters.”

PHOTO: INDIANEXPRESS

Read: Bollywood's love for Salman Khan 

PHOTO: INDIAWEST

There were reports that Ranbir Kapoor has been finalised to play Sanjay, but Rajkumar cleared: “Ranbir is the only one I’ve spoken to about the film.”

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ