‘Baseless’: CM Malik rebuts report of fund embezzlement
QUETTA:
Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has rebutted the claims that Rs15 billion are missing from the province’s planning and development (P&D) department.
The CM said the opposition members were making statements based on rumours that Rs15 billion had been embezzled from the P&D department. “The opposition leaders should have investigated the claims rather than indulging in political point-scoring.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 6th, 2015.
Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch has rebutted the claims that Rs15 billion are missing from the province’s planning and development (P&D) department.
Addressing the Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday, CM Malik said the report that made the allegations was ‘baseless’. However, he admitted that the incumbent provincial government had stopped all development schemes started by former additional chief secretary (development) Ali Zaheer Hazara.
The CM said the opposition members were making statements based on rumours that Rs15 billion had been embezzled from the P&D department. “The opposition leaders should have investigated the claims rather than indulging in political point-scoring.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 6th, 2015.