Village ablaze: Fire claims two lives

Two girls were burnt alive


Our Correspondent April 19, 2015

SUKKUR: Two girls were burnt alive when a fire broke out in Dewal Kambrani village, Shikarpur district, on Saturday evening. The fire started from the hut of Muatibar Essani, destroying it and his neighbours’ hut. His two daughters, five-year-old Lal Khatoon and two-year-old Ubaida Bibi, were injured in the blaze, both succumbing to their injuries before they could be taken to a hospital.  Two buffaloes and 10 goats also perished. Essani said that the fire sparked from the fireplace and burnt everything they owned, including hundreds of kilogrammes of grain.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 20th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read