Coal heater: Two policemen die of suffocation

Their colleagues had to break the door when the two did not come out in the morning


Our Correspondent February 08, 2015

MUZAFFARABAD: Two policemen died of suffocation while using a coal heater in their quarters inside a police station in Athmuqma district of Azad Jammu and Kashmir on Monday. Police say Abdul Ghafoor and Muhammad Khalid, both residents of Neelum Valley, were found dead in their room at the police station. Their colleagues had to break the door when the two did not come out in the morning. They were taken to Athmuqam DHQ Hospital where doctors said they died of suffocation because of using a coal heater inside a closed room. They were laid to rest in their villages on Monday.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 9th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read