• Cover the pot and let the water boil.
• Boil the milk in a saucepan and let it cool.
• Once the milk has cooled down, add sugar and stir.
• Take another pudding pan and cover the bottom of the pan with sugar. Melt the sugar until it is golden brown to make caramel.
• Set the caramel aside to cool.
• In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk thoroughly.
• Put the egg mixture in the milk using a strainer.
• Add a pinch of orange food colour and whisk again.
• Pour the mixture in a pudding pan and place it in the boiler with the pudding pan covered. Place something heavy on top so it is airtight and cook for 35 minutes.
• Once cooked, place the pudding in the fridge.
• Remove from the pan and serve chilled.
Maheen Ibrahim indulges in her passion for cooking, in between raising three kids, running the household and catching up on her reading.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, September 7th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ