Out Of Court: Asif and his alleged assailants reach settlement

He said that he did not want to pursue the matter anymore.


Our Correspondent July 23, 2013
File photo of cricketer Muhammad Asif. PHOTO: FILE

LAHORE:


A court staffer on Monday fixed August 8 for the pre-arrest bail hearing of three men accused of thrashing and threatening former test cricketer Muhammad Asif. Sohaib Dogar, one of the accused, produced an out-of-court settlement between him and Asif.


Muhammad Asif told The Express Tribune that the men had tendered an apology and that the matter had been settled between them. He said that he did not want to pursue the matter anymore.

Last month, Asif had filed a complaint against Sohaib Dogar, Amin Dogar, Muhammad Din Dogar and three unidentified persons at the Defence-B police station under Sections 427 and 506 of PPC.

He had said that he and his cousin were on their way to work when they were stopped on Ghazi Road. He had said that the men were armed. Asif said that they had broken the backdoor window of his car and thrashed him.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 23rd, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read