Karachi blast: Chief Justice takes suo motu notice

CJP wants comprehensive report within two days, IG Sindh and the advocate general summoned in court.


Azam Khan March 04, 2013
Flats in Iqra City and Rabia Flower apartments burn as the powerful blast struck Abbas Town. PHOTO: EXPRESS

ISLAMABAD: The Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammed Chaudhry took suo motu action, on Monday, against the Abbas Town blasts that killed 50 people on Sunday.

The CJP issued notices to the Inspector General (IG) Sindh Fayyaz Ahmed Leghari and the advocate general to submit a comprehensive report regarding the attack by March 6.

Earlier, Leghari said that the blast was so intense that it had an impact radius of about 700 metres.

"About 200 flats have been affected by the explosion," he said.

Sindh Governor Ishratul Ebad also constituted an investigation team, headed by IG Fayyaz Leghari, to probe the incident.

Leghari said that one suspect had already been detained in connection with the blast.

The hearing of the case will take place in the Supreme Court’s Karachi registry.

COMMENTS (17)

Pakistani | 8 years ago | Reply

In Musharaf Era , Army used to deal with such kind of acts , but now Army and intelligence seems to have turn blind fold towards nation security

Raju | 8 years ago | Reply

Unfortunately there are 3 decision makers in pakistan. 1. Zardari 2. Kayani 3. Talibani The 3rd one getting more and more strength and may be next afghanistan

VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read