KARAK: A child was killed and his mother and brother were severely burnt in an explosion caused by gas leakage which escalated to an inferno in Karak district on Monday. The incident took place inside the residence of Hikamatullah at around 4:00am while the household members were asleep, said an official of the Teri police. He added the police rushed to the site, where Hikamatullah explained to them that the fire erupted when his wife tried to light the heater. His four-year-old son Kamranullah Khan died on the spot, while his wife and two-year-old son Zainul Abedin received serious burn injuries. The injured were taken to a basic health unit where doctors referred them to Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar due to their critical condition.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 12th, 2013.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ