Motor vehicle taxes: Campaign to be launched on Sept 24
In July last year, Rs1.73 billion were recovered, while in July this year, Rs1.95 billion were recovered.
KARACHI:
A motor vehicle tax collection campaign will be launched on September 24 and run till October 2. “This campaign is being initiated by the excise and taxation minister, Mukesh Chawla, and 13 teams will work under district officers,” said the director-general of excise and taxation, Shoaib Ahmed. Defaulters’ vehicles would not only be impounded, but their owners would also be fined and vehicles would only be released after the taxes and fines were paid. In July last year, Rs1.73 billion were recovered, while in July this year, Rs1.95 billion were recovered, Rs221 million more.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 14th, 2012.
A motor vehicle tax collection campaign will be launched on September 24 and run till October 2. “This campaign is being initiated by the excise and taxation minister, Mukesh Chawla, and 13 teams will work under district officers,” said the director-general of excise and taxation, Shoaib Ahmed. Defaulters’ vehicles would not only be impounded, but their owners would also be fined and vehicles would only be released after the taxes and fines were paid. In July last year, Rs1.73 billion were recovered, while in July this year, Rs1.95 billion were recovered, Rs221 million more.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 14th, 2012.