MANSEHRA: Four houses were gutted in a fire in Jaskot Oghi village on Tuesday, police and eyewitnesses said. Muhammad Naseem told the police that he was out with his family when he was informed that his house, along with the three houses belonging to each of this two brothers and his cousin, Saen Muhammad, had caught fire. He said that by the time the locals managed to put out the flames, the four wood-roofed houses had been destroyed. Police said the cause of the fire was short-circuiting. Naseem estimated the loss to be around Rs2 million and requested the government to rehabilitate the family.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 1st, 2012.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ