Poisoned: Two die from snakebite

A man and a woman, died on Monday after being bit by snakes.


Ppi July 23, 2012

THATTA: A man and a woman, died on Monday after being bit by snakes. Sona Jokhio, 20, died of snakebite at the coastal village of Goth Sommar Jokhio near Keti Bandar. A man, identified as Sattar Mallah, died from a snakebite at Goth Ibrahim Gabol. Both the victims were rushed to the rural health centre in Baghan. Due to the unavailability of anti-venom at the centre, they died before being shifted to Karachi. Rising incidents of snake bites and unavailability of anti-venom in government hospitals is resulting in loss of precious lives in the district.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 24th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read