Fatal accident: Child dies from electric shock

Child died on touching an electricity pole while playing in a street outside his house.


July 22, 2012

FAISALABAD: A minor child died on Saturday from an electric shock he suffered from an electricity pole in Peoples Colony on Saturday. Police identified the deceased as Hasan, 3, son of Katchi Abadi resident Bashir Ahmad. They said the child died on touching an electricity pole while playing in a street outside his house.  A large crowd gathered at the scene and demonstrated against the Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) officials. They accused the officials of negligence and said that several complaints were submitted with the FESCO about the short-circuiting in the electricity poles in the area but there had been no action.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 22nd, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read