Tainted lunch: Eight of a family faint after eating spinach curry

The doctors said that all of them were out of danger.


Our Correspondent June 24, 2012

KARACHI:


Eight members of a family fainted after they ate poisonous spinach curry for lunch at their house in the slums area of Bhittaiabad on Sunday.


All of them, who include two-year-old Allah Wasaya, eight-year-old Nazeer, six-year-old Imdad, three-year-old Hakeem, five-year-old Bakhtawar, 25-year old Kunwari Bibi, and 28-year-old Mai Wazira, were taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. The doctors said that all of them were out of danger.

The police said that the women had recently come to Karachi from Kandhkot. SHO Azhar Ali Iqbal said that according to initial tests conducted on the food samples, the spinach used in the curry caused the illness. The family had brought it with them when they came to Karachi.

Published in The Express Tribune, 25th, 2012.

 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read