QUETTA: Three men were killed by unknown assailants in unrelated incidents of violence across Balochistan on Sunday.
Dad Muhammad died on the spot after unidentified gunmen opened fire on him in the Killi Kamolo area of Quetta, police officials told The Express Tribune. A resident of Kalat, he was in Quetta on a family visit, they added.
The body was shifted to the Sandeman Hospital for autopsy. A case has been registered at the Shalkot Police Station and investigations have been initiated. However, the motive behind the killing have not been ascertained yet.
Meanwhile, a source in the Levies Force said unidentified assailants opened indiscriminate fire on a marble-laden truck in the Surab area of Kalat district. The driver, Abdul Shakoor, succumbed to multiple bullet wounds on the spot. Police said the truck was headed to Karachi from Chaghai. They added that the deceased belonged to Dalbandin, where his body had been sent for burial. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Another man was killed in Machh, roughly 60 kilometres away from Quetta. Noorullah was shot by unidentified gunmen who managed to flee the scene. The body has been shifted to a hospital for medico legal formalities. Old enmity is suspected as a motive behind his killing.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 26th, 2012.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ
The government is giving the gifts of dead bodies and they want people of Baluchistan to be patriotic. DUH
bla is killing baloch. so what they want? baloch free balochistan. the best way to go forward is dialogue. all parties should attend it and all rights should be given to baloch people.