Amir-Peterson rematch in May
Britain boxer to face American in Las Vegas.
LONDON:
Amir Khan is to face Lamont Peterson in a re-match in Las Vegas in May, the British boxer announced via Twitter.
American Peterson deprived Khan of his World Boxing Association (WBA) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) light-welterweight titles after a controversial split-points decision in Washington on December 10.
That led the WBA to order a re-match last month and the second Khan-Peterson bout will now take place in Las Vegas on May 19.
“At last I get the fight I deserve,” tweeted Khan.
Meanwhile, Richard Scheafer, chief executive of Khan’s promoters Golden Boy, said he had sought assurances over ringside security.
“We have a deal,” Schaefer told Sky Sports. “The first fight was a terrific fight with a lot of controversy, so this one is hopefully going to clear up all the question marks.”
Published in The Express Tribune, February 11th, 2012.
Amir Khan is to face Lamont Peterson in a re-match in Las Vegas in May, the British boxer announced via Twitter.
American Peterson deprived Khan of his World Boxing Association (WBA) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) light-welterweight titles after a controversial split-points decision in Washington on December 10.
That led the WBA to order a re-match last month and the second Khan-Peterson bout will now take place in Las Vegas on May 19.
“At last I get the fight I deserve,” tweeted Khan.
Meanwhile, Richard Scheafer, chief executive of Khan’s promoters Golden Boy, said he had sought assurances over ringside security.
“We have a deal,” Schaefer told Sky Sports. “The first fight was a terrific fight with a lot of controversy, so this one is hopefully going to clear up all the question marks.”
Published in The Express Tribune, February 11th, 2012.