Yung Filly to face retrial on three rape charges in Australia

Yung Filly will face retrial on three rape charges in Australia after jury reached mixed verdicts in his case

Courtesy: YouTube

British rapper and YouTuber Yung Filly will face a retrial on three rape charges in Australia after a jury reached mixed verdicts in his first trial.

The performer, whose real name is Andres Felipe Valencia Barrientos, denied all 10 charges brought against him following allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman after performing at a nightclub in Perth in 2024.

Last month, a jury found Barrientos not guilty of three counts of rape. He was also acquitted of one assault charge and one charge of strangulation.

However, he was found guilty of two other assault charges, for which he will be sentenced after the retrial.

The case relates to an alleged incident involving a 20-year-old woman who met Barrientos after his performance in Hillarys, a coastal suburb of Perth.

The court heard that the pair had consensual sex at his hotel before the woman alleged that Barrientos became violent and ignored her requests to stop.

Barrientos is due to appear in court on August 27 for an application to vary his bail. A date for the retrial has not yet been set. The prosecution has said the complainant is willing to give evidence again.

During the original trial, Barrientos told the court that he had "fancied" the woman when they met at the concert venue. He said the "vibes were good" between them when they later arrived at his hotel.

In closing arguments, prosecutor Danielle Clarke described Barrientos as an "entitled" man with a "moderate degree of fame" and said he had violated the woman "in the most intrusive way possible".

His defence lawyer argued that the complainant's evidence contained "inconsistencies, embellishments and outright lies".

Load Next Story