TODAY’S PAPER | August 18, 2026 | EPAPER

Security forces killed nine terrorists in Balochistan IBOs

Ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, a walkie-talkie, and a motorcycle were recovered from terrorists


Web Desk August 18, 2026 4 min read
Security forces conduct intelligence-based operations and kill more than nine terrorists in Balochistan. SCREENGRAB

Security forces killed more than nine terrorists in intelligence-based operations (IBOs) in Ziarat, Harnai and Sohrab districts of Balochistan, Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday, citing security sources, as operations under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3 continue against terrorist groups.

"Security forces have conducted intelligence-based operations against terrorists in Ziarat, Harnai and Sohrab, killing over nine terrorists," Radio Pakistan quoted security sources as saying.

The federal government last year officially designated all terrorist groups operating in Balochistan as 'Fitna al-Hindustan', accusing India of sponsoring a proxy war through these outfits. Fitna al-Khawarij is the state-designated term for the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

The high-tempo intelligence-driven operations were conducted as part of the ongoing "Radd-ul-Fitna-3" campaign, which the military's media wing has described as a counterterrorism operation aimed at eliminating Indian proxies.

Security forces conducted a major operation in the mountainous region between Ziarat and Harnai after receiving intelligence about the presence of terrorists. The forces surrounded and effectively targeted a terrorist hideout, killing eight terrorists, according to the sources.

"The hideout was also destroyed during the operation," sources added.

Separately, security forces conducted an operation in Hajika village in Sohrab district, killing another terrorist. The forces had established an effective cordon between Dasht Kitai and Hajika and tracked the movement of the terrorists before launching the operation, the sources said.

"Ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, a walkie-talkie, a motorcycle and other equipment were recovered from the slain terrorists, " security sources said.

Security forces remain committed to continuing operations in Balochistan until the complete elimination of terrorism and the establishment of lasting peace in the province.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi has praised the security forces for their successful IBOs in Balochistan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3. The interior minister lauded the professional capabilities of the security forces for killing more than nine terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan.

“We are proud of the brave sons of the security forces who foiled the nefarious designs of the terrorists,” he said. “The operations by the security forces reflect their resolve to protect national security,” he added.

Naqvi said I pay tribute to the brave sons of the nation who participated in Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3. “The nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the security forces in the war against terrorism,” he added.

“Operations against Fitna al-Hindustan and Fitna al-Khawarij are continuing with full force and will continue,” Naqvi said.

A day earlier, security forces killed six terrorists in separate IBOs in Balochistan, with four killed in an operation in the border area between Ziarat and Harnai and two others in Killi Zaik.

Read: Six terrorists killed in separate IBOs in Balochistan

On August 16, seven terrorists affiliated with Fitna-al-Khawarij were killed and several others wounded in an intelligence-based operation in Kharan district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Lajay area of Kharan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3 following intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists.

In an operation on August 10, security forces killed five terrorists, including a key commander identified as Wazir, son of Jamal, in Balochistan’s Panjgur district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Sarkeni and Chidgi areas under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3.

On August 9, security forces killed 15 terrorists in intelligence-based operations across Mastung, Bolan, Washuk, Awaran, Sibi, Khuzdar, Harnai and Noshki under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3. A large quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered, while the operations significantly disrupted the terrorists’ network and restricted their movement across Balochistan, the sources said.

Also on August 6, security forces killed 12 terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan during IBOs in the Washuk and Mastung districts of Balochistan, the military's media wing reported.

Terrorism is a growing problem for Pakistan, with the number of attacks rising every year since 2022, according to Armed Conflict Location & Event Data (ACLED), a global monitoring organisation. Data from ACLED shows attacks in Pakistan rose nearly fourfold to 2,425 in 2025 from 658 in 2022, and over the same period, TTP attacks increased more than sevenfold to 838 from 118.

Although Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has borne the brunt of terrorism, Balochistan has also remained a major target of Indian proxies, which often target civilians and military installations in the province.

Read More: 12 terrorists killed as forces fight off multiple attacks in Balochistan's Kharan

In one such attack on the last day of 2025, terrorists targeted innocent civilians in Balochistan’s Gwadar and Kharan districts, where 18 people, including women, children, the elderly and labourers, embraced martyrdom.

The forces continued operations across the provinces against what the state describes as Indian-sponsored terrorists and their proxies, but despite these efforts, the groups have continued to target civilian and defence installations.

Earlier this month, at least 30 people, including 27 police personnel, were martyred when terrorists identified by the state as the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan ambushed police personnel deployed in the Kach Mangi Phase III area of Ziarat, triggering hours-long gun battles. The attackers also abducted several civilians and police personnel after the assault.

In the aftermath of the attack, the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and Balochistan Police launched a joint operation, which remains underway, with forces intensifying action against terrorists across the province.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ