No-go areas eliminated in Punjab's Kacha area: minister
.

State Minister for Interior and Narcotics Control Talal Chaudhry on Friday informed the National Assembly (NA) that following a large-scale operation in the riverine (Kacha) areas of Punjab, all regions had been cleared of no-go zones.
He said a comprehensive development and welfare package had also been announced for residents of the area.
He added that similar development initiatives were being pursued by the Sindh government to address local needs.
Responding to a point of order raised by Member National Assembly, Jamil Shah Kakar regarding the abduction of an 11-year-old girl from Peshawar and an alleged ransom demand of Rs1.5 million, he said the child was currently being held in the jurisdiction of Kot Shahu police station in Shikarpur district, where a security operation was underway.
He said one dacoit was killed during the operation and assured the House that the girl would be recovered soon. He added that law enforcement agencies were actively pursuing the case.
He further informed lawmakers that, as also discussed in the Senate a day earlier, the girl was allegedly in the custody of a suspect identified as Ali Gohar Jatoi, with members of his group claiming she had been "bought."
He said several women allegedly linked to the case have been arrested, while another Christian girl named Jennifer was also recovered during the ongoing operation.
The minister said the operation was being conducted under the supervision of the Senior Superintendent of Police in coordination with the Inspector General of Sindh Police.
He reiterated that the child was a "daughter of the nation" and would be safely recovered soon.



















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ