Govt says will afford no negligence in Imran's eye examination and medical treatment

Aleema Khanum slams 'clear conspiracy' by govt to treat Imran at Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital, Rawalpindi

Parliamentary Affairs Minister Tariq Fazal Chaudhry speaking to the media outside Parliament PHOTO: PTV

Parliamentary Affairs Minister Tariq Fazal Chaudhry on Friday said that the government would afford no negligence in Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf founder Imran Khan's eye examination and medical treatment, adding that they would take place for whichever place orders were given.

PTI counsel Advocate Salman Safdar submitted a Supreme Court-mandated report on Thursday after meeting the former prime minister in Adiala jail earlier this week. Imran informed Safdar that his right eye was now functioning at only 15% capacity after he underwent a medical procedure at the Paklistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) last month.

As a result, the two-member bench comprising Chief Justice of Pakistan Yahya Afridi and Justice Shahid Bilal Hasan ordered that Imran be granted access to his personal physicians in Adiala Jail and allowed telephone contact with his sons. The revelations about Imran's eye elicited outroar from the opposition ranks and other politicians.

Read: Heavy security deployed outside Parliament House amid TTAP protest

Addressing the matter today in a speech outside Parliament House, Chaudhry said: "Imran's eye will be examined wherever it is ordered. If he says for Al-Shifa Eye Trust then that is where the eye will be examined and if the CJP recommends him some other doctor then they will be approached. No negligence will be afforded in this. We want that this matter is put before the entire nation that issue is a sensitive issue."

Load Next Story