Adin Ross says Barron texted him amid #TrumpIsDead rumors
US President Donald Trump speaks during a meeting with Filipino President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC on July 22, 2025. Photo: AFP
Rumors claiming that President Donald Trump has died erupted on X on Saturday, quickly driving the hashtag #TrumpIsDead into the platform’s top trends.
The chatter gained traction as users pointed to the White House flag flying at half-staff and an outage of the official White House livestream.
Streamer Adin Ross became the central figure in the frenzy when he told his Kick audience that he had received an alleged text from Barron Trump, the president’s son, stating that “literally nothing’s wrong.”
Adin Ross just got a text from Barron Trump confirming Donald Trump is alive and well 💚 pic.twitter.com/gDmGDYyWuk
Ross’s declaration was quickly clipped, shared, and replayed across social media, becoming the main counterpoint to the rumor and fueling debate about whether it should be taken as reassurance or dismissed as unreliable.
Even with Ross’s statement circulating, many online remained skeptical. Some pointed to Trump’s recent health disclosures as reason for doubt.
In July, the White House revealed that he had been diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency, a condition that can cause leg swelling but is not considered life-threatening.
Earlier this month, images of a bruise on Trump’s hand drew further speculation, though press secretary Karoline Leavitt explained it was from frequent handshakes, not a medical issue.
As of now, no official confirmation has supported the claims of Trump’s death, and the White House has not directly addressed the Saturday rumors.
The flag at half-staff has been linked to the Minneapolis school tragedy, not to Trump.
Still, the uncertainty combined with Adin Ross’s highly publicized remarks has kept #TrumpIsDead trending worldwide, cementing the streamer’s unexpected role in the center of the viral storm.