Blake Lively has not congratulated Taylor Swift on engagement to Travis Kelce amid strained friendship
Photo: Reuters
Blake Lively has reportedly not reached out to Taylor Swift following the singer’s engagement to NFL player Travis Kelce.
According to the Daily Mail, Lively has no plans to contact Swift, with a source saying, “Blake didn’t reach out [following the engagement announcement] and isn’t going to. This isn’t the time. What would be the point of reaching out now? It really makes no sense. [Lively] has bigger fish to fry.” The insider referred to Lively’s recent legal issues with actor Justin Baldoni.
The same outlet reported that the actress “doesn’t talk about Taylor at all” and does not dwell on the breakdown of their friendship.
“This is something that we would’ve talked about in the past, like what was going to happen, if she was going to be in the wedding, what that would look like. All of that. But now, it’s just silence,” the source said.
Their friendship reportedly faltered earlier this year when Lively became embroiled in a $400 million lawsuit filed by Baldoni in January against her, husband Ryan Reynolds, and their publicist. The suit, which alleged defamation and extortion, was dismissed in June.
Court documents included alleged text exchanges in which Lively referenced Swift, calling her one of her “most trusted partners.” Swift was later issued a subpoena to testify but was released when the subpoena was dropped in May.
A source told People that the fallout led Swift to distance herself from the situation. “Their friendship has halted. Taylor wants no part in this drama,” the insider claimed. Another source suggested the pair were “taking some space” from one another.
Despite the tensions, Swift and Kelce confirmed their engagement on Tuesday. Sharing photos on Instagram, the couple captioned their announcement, “Your English teacher and your gym teacher are getting married.”