Iran restores internet access following ceasefire with Israel

Strict internet curbs had been gradually imposed since June 13, when Israel launched a major attack on Iran

People wave the national flags of Iraq, Iran and Lebanon as Iraqis celebrate in front of the Iranian embassy in Baghdad on June 24, 2025, following a ceasefire between Israel and Iran. Israel and Iran said on June 24 they had agreed to US President Donald Trump's proposal for a ceasefire, on the 12th day of war between the foes. Photo: AFP

Iranian authorities on Wednesday announced the gradual easing of internet restrictions imposed during the 12-day war with Israel, following the implementation of a ceasefire between the longtime foes.

Strict internet curbs had been gradually imposed since June 13, when Israel launched a major attack on Iran, which hit back with waves of missile strikes. A ceasefire that came into force on Tuesday appears to be holding.

"The communication network is gradually returning to its previous state," the Revolutionary Guards' cyber unit said in a statement carried by state media.

Read More: Iran's parliament passes bill to halt cooperation with IAEA

It said Israel had waged a "widespread cyber war" with the goal of disrupting digital services and "abusing the network infrastructure to collect information and intensify the aggression".

Iran's communications minister, Sattar Hashemi, also said in a post on X: "With the normalisation of conditions, the state of communication access has returned to its previous conditions".

Load Next Story