More than 10 per cent of the 41,000 candidates registered for the entry test for bachelors of engineering in public sector universities in the province dropped out of the exam organised by University of Engineering and Technology on Sunday.
The test scheduled originally to be held on July 24 was cancelled after the question paper. A statement issued by the university on Sunday said most of the dropouts were students who had failed to secure enough marks in intermediate exams. The intermediate results were announced by the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education this week. UET Vice Chancellor Muhammad Akram said on Sunday that strict security measures were taken this time.
He said the number of people on the admissions committee had been reduced. He said the Anti-Corruption Establishment and the police were still investigating the case. The results will be announced on September 18.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 12th, 2011.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ