Additional check-posts at Balochistan highway being removed

Twenty-eight check-posts between Zhob and Quetta on National Highway N50 reduced to three


Our Correspondent November 24, 2021
PHOTO: EXPRESS

QUETTA:

The provincial home department of Balochistan stated on Wednesday that the process of removing additional check-posts on national highways of Balochistan had commenced.

According to a statement released by the department, so far 28 check-posts between Zhob and Quetta on National Highway N50 were reduced to three.

"Joint check-posts have been set up at three places, including Quetta, Zhob and Kuchlak," the provincial home department said, adding that additional check-posts will also be removed

Earlier, Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qaddus Bizenjo had also ordered to remove the additional check-posts

Read: 100 check posts on Balochistan highways dismantled

On November 6, it was reported that around 100 check-posts of the various provincial and federal departments were abolished in Balochistan and more were said to be dismantled in the coming days.

This was revealed in a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Balochistan Matahar Niaz Rana.

The meeting was attended by Additional Chief Secretary Home Arshad Majeed, IG Police Muhammad Tahir Rai, Secretary Forest Dosain Jamaldini, representatives of Customs, 12 Corps, FC and other concerned officials.

The meeting was informed that at present there were 728 check-posts of federal and provincial agencies in the province and out of these, 100 had already been abolished to provide relief to the general public.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read