Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, who was arrested following a drug bust on a cruise, has had his bail plea rejected once again by a sessions court, as reported by Times of India.
In his bail application, Aryan had stated that he had been “falsely implicated in the present crime”. The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) stated in its reply that, according to the evidence, Aryan had played a role in the procurement and distribution of illegal drugs. It also stated that Aryan is in touch with individuals who are a part of an international drug network. In addition to this, the NCB was quoted as saying, “Police has found a drug-related WhatsApp chats that are allegedly between Aryan Khan and a debut Actress.”
Earlier this month, Shah Rukh Khan found himself right in the middle of a controversy after his son Aryan Khan was detained by the NCB for an alleged drug bust on a cruise before the youngster boarded it, reported The Indian Express. He was soon taken into custody and consequently arrested. The 23-year-old was then sent to a 14-day judicial remand on October 7.
The central agency said it was investigating “suspicious transactions constituting offences” under the Act. It said the total recovery, in this case, was 13 grams of cocaine, 5 grams of mephedrone, 22 pills of MDMA (Ecstasy) - all categorised as “intermediate quantities” - and 21 grams of charas, which falls in the category of “small quantity”. The recovery also included INR130,000 in cash, it said.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ