Two members of a family injured in Indian cross-border shelling

Indian troops have committed 38 ceasefire violations since January 1 this year, says ISPR


News Desk January 10, 2021
PHOTO: FILE

In yet another act of aggression, Indian troops on Sunday resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the Line of Control (LoC), injuring two elderly citizens of the same family, a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

The military's media wing said that Indian army deliberately targeted civil population with mortars and automatic weapons in Baroh and Khanjar sectors.

"Due to Indian army indiscriminate fire, two elderly citizens of the same family sustained injuries," the statement added.

The ISPR said that the injured have been evacuated to a nearby hospital for necessary medical treatment.

It further said that Indian troops have committed 38 ceasefire violations since January 1, 2021.

Read more: One killed in Indian firing from across LoC: ISPR

Indian forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) have been continuously targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars and automatic weapons.

Last year, India committed more than 3,000 ceasefire violations, resulting in martyrdoms and serious injuries to several innocent civilians and soldiers.

On December 10, Indian troops targeted civilians population along the Line of Control and injured a 55-year-old woman.

On November 22, at least 11 civilians, including six women and four children, were injured when Indian troops targeted civilian population during a marriage ceremony.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ