Our lives may have turned upside down but our sense of humour continues to evolve, much like the standards of Maya Sarabhai from the popular 2000's sitcom Sarabhai vs Sarabhai.
In the show, Maya continuously takes a jibe at her daughter-in-law, Monisha, for being 'too middle-class' in a sassy and sophisticated manner. And the "Monisha beta" memes surfaced when dalgona coffee became a must have trend during the initial lockdown period.
But since then, people have been continuously revamping Ratna Pathak's (Maya) witty dialogues from the show to create hilarious memes of their own.
Let's have a look at some of the most hysterical ones the decades-old TV show gave birth to in today's day and age:
1. Lockdown or no lockdown, let's all steer clear of expressing panic in such a shabby manner, capiche?
Monisha beta ' I'm having panic attacks' bola kro.— A (@lostpakora) April 20, 2020
'mereko to aesa dhak dhak horela hai' is so middle class
2. Since it's Ramazan, let's also keep in mind that it's not paratha aur lassi!
monisha beta “flat bread and smoothie” bolo this “paratha aur lassi” is so middle class— ghina (@unghinatspam) April 25, 2020
3. Oh, and it's not Haldi wala doodh either..
Monisha beta "Turmeric Latte" bolo "Haldi wala doodh" is just too middle class. pic.twitter.com/PQKqisLumg— Komal (@dr_memelogical) April 26, 2020
4. Cannot argue with that
Monisha beta “i don’t know the direction“ bolo, Disha Patani is so middle class— 𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖓⁷ (@emannotiman) April 25, 2020
5. No apologies there either
Monisha beta " Engineer" bolo yeh "berozgaar" is so middle class pic.twitter.com/I86nB77cI0— 𝑷𝒂𝒗_𝒃𝒉𝒂𝒋𝒊 (@_mission_hasao_) April 23, 2020
6. Class over crass, any day
monisha beta "i don't care" bolo, "toh kya main naachu" is so middle class— brokelina dumbersnatch (@twistedSouffle) April 27, 2020
7. Ae baabu bhaiya, it's not 'ricks' okay?
8. When you can't up your patriarchy to equality, the least you can do is up your.. oh wait, you can't
monisha beta "enforcing patriarchy" bolo. this "hum larki dekhne jaa rahe hain" is so middle class.— Adin (@fightmenn) April 24, 2020
9. The next time you want to give excuses
Monisha beta "You deserve better" bola kro "Abba nhi maanen ge" sounds too middle class.— D• (@DureShehwar101) April 22, 2020
10. But at the end of the day, the middle class in Monisha ain't that bad either
Monisha beta jo marzi bolo, letting people tell you what to say is so middle class.— Pranav Sapra (@pranavsapra) April 23, 2020
Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ