NAB given details of Shehbaz's foreign assets by FBR

Published: January 29, 2019
Email
Shehbaz Sharif. PHOTO: EXPRESS

Shehbaz Sharif. PHOTO: EXPRESS

LAHORE: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Tuesday submitted details of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif’s foreign assets at the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), reported Express News.

According to sources, the former chief minister owns four flats in London.

Shehbaz’s properties includes an apartment on Barclay Street, another apartment on Harrowby Street, another on London Stuns Road and the fourth apartment at West Tower Peninsula Marshall.

Shehbaz sent on 10-day remand by accountability court in Ashiyana scam

The sources added that the opposition leader purchased the flats between 2005 and 2007.

Some 80 per cent of the payment for the three London flats was made through bank loans and mortgage payments while the remaining 20 per cent amount was paid in cash.

It is pertinent here to mention here that the PML-N president is under the custody of the anti-corruption watchdog which has been investigating him in the Ashiana Housing scam and other corruption cases.

The controversial housing project, launched in 2010, has been the subject of much controversy for the PML-N.

Sharif family meets Shehbaz in NAB office

However, completion hiccups and unexplained delays in balloting and allotment of completed units gave rise to accusations of irregularity, which culminated in 2018 with several high profile arrests.

Besides the Ashiana Housing Scam, Shehbaz is also being probed in connection with the 56 companies’ case, Punjab Saaf Pani Company case and a case concerning the construction of Raiwind Road.

Facebook Conversations

More in Pakistan