KARACHI: The Sindh government has decided to order an inquiry into the recent raid on Karachi Press Club. This was announced by the Sindh Works and Services Minister Nasir Hussain Shah while talking to the media outside the banking court on Tuesday.
“Karachi Press Club is a respectable institution. We will ensure complete investigation of the statements given by the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) to find out why CTD officials entered the Press Club,” said Shah. He added that the Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah had already taken notice of the rude behaviour of the personnel with senior journalists. Shah assured on behalf of the Sindh government that a complete inquiry will be conducted and strict action would be taken against the perpetrators.
PPP leader Nafisa Shah condemned the incident and said, “I strongly condemn this incident and extend my support to journalists. The authorities should have peacefully handled the matter if there was information about the presence of a suspect.” She added that such an incident never took place “even during the time of dictatorship.”
Published in The Express Tribune, November 14th, 2018.