RAHIM YAR KHAN: At least two people fell unconscious after being bitten by venomous snakes in different areas on Sunday.
Officials at the hospital told Express News that two people were admitted to the health facility in critical condition after being bitten by snakes.
They said 15-year-old Habibur Rehman, a resident of Badli Sharif, was working in the fields when a snake bit him. As a result, he fell unconscious and was brought to the hospital for treatment.
Venomous snake sneaks into lunchbox in Down Under
In another incident, 60-year-old Tamjeed Alam, a resident of Chowk Shehbaz Pur, was also bitten by a snake while working in the fields. He was admitted to the health facility where his condition was said to be critical.
Meanwhile, people demanded the district administration to take notice of such incidents and make an effort to curb this menace.
Earlier, a child died after being bitten by a snake in an agricultural field in Chishtian.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 30th, 2018.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ