Sanam N. Khan, an avid traveller, a lover of fashion and a self-confessed foodie gives us a lesson on the chicest trends to rock this summer! Settled in London, but a true Karachiite at heart; Sanam’s colourful and quirky style caught our fancy. Find out more about her and how she has fun with fashion!
1. A trend you’re ready to see die?
Gucci trainers and Hermès oran sandals – they are tacky, commercial and just need to go!
2. Which runway trends will you sport this summer?
Tulle! Tulle was all over Milan Spring 2018 Fashion Week and I love it! It’s festive, work wearable and glamorous all at the same time!
3. When in doubt, where do you look for style inspiration?
London street style! Living in this incredible city, London is famed for being the cultural hub of street style fashion. It’s a place where you can wear your wackiest outfit to breakfast and no one will even bat an eyelid. However, it’s also a place where you can be ultra-chic and businesslike one day and trend-led the next. Just by wandering around, you will stumble across new cuts, fabrics and colour ways that you had not spotted previously.
4. A summer essential you won’t leave the house without?
Sunblock with a high SPF and sunglasses – I have a weakness for Celine sunnies!
5. Which five must-have items does one need in their closet at all times?
In no particular order:
1. Nude sandals/heels
2. A white and black basic tee/vest/body
3. A pair of dark wash denim skinny jeans
4. A white pair of sneakers (Love the puma heart trainers; I’m on my 2nd pair!)
5. A black leather jacket
6. What is the easiest way to revamp your wardrobe without breaking the bank?
The first move is to actually see what you already have in your wardrobe. Pull out stuff you haven’t worn in ages – you will probably find things that you’d forgotten about and haven’t worn for ages. Pull out old trousers and hem them into culottes or cropped skinnies. Pair them with a basic white tee and statement earrings – which can be worn throughout the seasons and will often last for many years to come!
7. What item on your wish list is worth the splurge?
The perfect work bag: Balenciaga’s Laundry Cabas Calfskin Tote.
8. What is your signature look this season?
A lot of white, prints – lemon, floral and anything quirky, lace tops, pleated midi skirts and playsuits! Also neon eyeshadow on extra sunny days is a must!
9. What was your favourite designer showcase for SS18?
Despite living outside of Pakistan, I have to confess I still am partial towards our designers – the talent in Pakistan is endless and blows my mind every year – I think I’m leaning towards Farah Talib Aziz’s SS18 showcase! Internationally I would have to pick Anthony Vaccarello for Saint Laurent RTW SS18 all black collection!
10. Which items from your SS18 wardrobe will you keep for Fall?
The darker single colored pleated skirts- just add a cropped or longline jumper over a basic tee and you’re good to go!