Two men die in alcohol related incident

Man commits suicide after brother-in-law drank himself to death

Correspondent Rm 17 July 09, 2018

LAHORE: A man allegedly died after overdosing on alcohol, while his brother-in-law committed suicide in Raiwind police limits. The deceased, 36-year-old Bilal Saeed and 27-year-old Arsh Khan went to a party at a farmhouse located in Bahria Town. During the party, Saeed became unconscious after drinking excessively. His condition started to deteriorate immediately. Accompanied by Khan, he was shifted to a hospital.

Police said when they reached the hospital the doctors pronounced Saeed as dead. Out of grief, Khan pulled out a gun and killed himself.
Police have taken the bodies to the morgue for an autopsy while also collecting evidence and recording eye witness statements. Police also stated that they will be taking action against the owner of the farmhouse.

Meanwhile, at least eight people, including four children, were injured when a cylinder exploded at a barber shop on Sunday in the limits of South Cantonment police. Reportedly, there was a gas leak at the barber shop located in Keer Kot. When a customer lit up a match, there was a huge explosion which injured eight people, including the barber, the customers in the shop and the children playing in the street.

The victims were identified as 50-year-old Aslam Siddique, 35-year-old Ejaz Mukhtar, 30-year-old Qaiser Aslam, 22-year-old Riaz Tariq, eight-year-old Zain Faisal, six-year-old Adeel Qaiser, five-year-old Ahmed Aslam and four-year-old Abdul Rehman.

The explosion alarmed residents who rushed to the scene. They also called police and rescue teams, which collected evidence the crime scene and recorded witnesses’ statements. Police are currently investigating the matter further.

Facebook Conversations


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story