QUETTA: The Bomb Disposal Squad in Quetta has revealed that no suicide jackets or explosives had been recovered from the site where five Chechens had been shot during the Kharotabad incident in Quetta.
In a report submitted to the Inspector General of Balochistan, the BDS has stated that two hand grenade pins were recovered from the site.
An autopsy report had earlier revealed that the victims died of bullet wounds, but also bore multiple marks of splinter wounds.
The Police Surgeon had said that two men received splinter wounds on their upper torso as well as two bullet wounds. Five bullets wounds were found on the second woman as well as burn injuries on her legs. The third woman, who is stated to be 26-year-old, received eight bullets, the Medico-Legal officer told reporters.
A judicial tribunal has been formed to probe the killings and a notification was issued by the government today.
The tribunal will be headed by Balochistan High Court judge, Justice Mohammad Hashim Kakar.
On Tuesday, police shot and killed five suspected terrorists, including three women, when they allegedly opened fire at FC personnel at a checkpost in the Kharotabad area.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ