Chechen women had explosives: CCPO Quetta

Investigations into the case were underway and the findings will be made public in due course.


Express May 19, 2011

QUETTA: CCPO Dawood Junejo, addressing the media in Quetta on Thursday, said nationalities of the foreigners were yet to be confirmed and that the Russian embassy had been requested for further investigation.

Security forces have claimed that two hand grenades were  found from the possession of these foreigners.

He reiterated his stance saying laboratory tests from the site also proved the presence of explosive material.

CCPO Junejo said, investigations into the case were underway and the findings will be made public in due course.

Earlier, on TuesdayMay 17, three suspected women suicide bombers and two men were gunned down by FC and Quetta police. According to witnesses, they had come in a van and the men had stopped to offer prayers at a nearby mosque. They had reportedly hurled two hand-grenades as they approached the checkpost.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ