RIYADH: Riyadh's Ritz-Carlton will reopen on February 11, the hotel said Sunday, more than three months after it became a holding place of princes and ministers detained in an anti-corruption purge.
The luxury hotel was closed for business since the unprecedented probe was launched on November 4 by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has consolidated his grip on power since his shock appointment as heir to the throne in June.
A hotel receptionist reached by phone confirmed that room bookings were available from noon on February 11.
Saudi official says all detainees in corruption probe released from Ritz
The Ritz-Carlton's website had last month listed rooms as available from February 14. On Sunday it showed availability from February 11.
Many of the high-profile suspects, including billionaire Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, have been released in recent weeks in exchange for what officials have dubbed financial settlements.
$107b recovered from graft, 56 people still held: Saudi Arabia
Attorney General Sheikh Saud al-Mojeb has said that $107 billion has been recovered so far in the crackdown in various forms of assets handed over that included property, securities and cash.
Prince Mohammed, the 32-year-old son of the king, has spearheaded the crackdown on corruption among members of the government and royal family over the past three months.
Some critics have labelled Prince Mohammed's campaign a shakedown and power grab, but authorities insist the purge targeted endemic corruption as the country prepares for a post-oil era.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ