Rouhani says Iran will remain committed to nuclear deal

Published: October 14, 2017
SHARES
Email
PHOTO: REUTERS

PHOTO: REUTERS

ANKARA: Iran will remain committed to a multinational nuclear deal as long at it serves the country’s national interests, and its ballistic missile programme will expand despite pressure from the United States, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Friday.

Responding to US President Donald Trump’s speech earlier on Friday in which he said he would not continue to certify the multinational agreement, Rouhani said in a live televison address that it was full of “insults and fake accusations” against Iranians.

Iran can quit nuclear deal ‘in hours’ if US keeps on: Rouhan

“The Iranian nation has not and will never bow to any foreign pressure…Iran and the deal are stronger than ever … Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps will continue its fight against regional terrorists,” Rouhani said.

He added that Trump’s decision to decertify the deal would isolate the United States as other signatories of the accord remained committed to it. The deal was not renegotiable, he said.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in World