Gas leak: Six injured in heater explosion

The rescuers said that the men were sleeping in the drawing room, where gas was leaking from a heater


Our Correspondent February 07, 2017
A woman and her two children were killed in the explosion which police speculated to be the result of a gas leakage. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

RAWALPINDI: Six men suffered burns after a blast caused by a gas leakage in the drawing room of their house in Rehmanabad in Dhoke Chiragh Din, rescuers said.

Rescue 1122 received an emergency call at about 5am and rushed to the house.

The rescuers said that the men were sleeping in the drawing room, where gas was leaking from a heater.

In the morning, one of them lit a matchstick, which caused the gas to ignite explosively, causing Rizwan Gulab,24, to suffer 15% burns, while Gulab Muhammad, 60, had five per cent burns, Muhammad Qadeem, 26, had 18% burns. Muhammad Akram, 34, and Yasir, 25, both had 10% burns.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 8th, 2017.

Our Publications

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ